Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cancer?


I was looking through some blogs that Ms. Gallagher had linked, and I stumbled upon a post by a guy named Chris who goes to the University of Toronto. one of his posts was about the effects of Coca Cola. My dad is a dentist, so I´ve gotten the "soda will make your teeth fall out" talk before, but I don´t really pay that much attention to his warning and I drink it anyways. However, it turns out that Coca Cola can cause worse damage than cavities and caffeine addiction. There was a government study on the effects of Coca Cola, and they found long term drinking of Coca Cola causes breast and pancreatic cancer. Great! Another reason not to drink soda..

5 comments:

lzillms said...

That's pretty upsetting. It seems like everything causes cancer these days...

dbaker said...

Who knows whether Coca Cola really gives you cancer. It might just be a coincidence.

. said...

Speaking of American products.
Damn you, corporates!

C. Carlisle said...

I had no idea that coke could cause cancer. I definately want to see that report so that I could get more information on it. Having a mom who loves diet coke, this may be important for her to see as well. I wonder what other everyday products we consume that will someday be found to be carcinogens.

S. Lesk said...

That's really sad to hear since so many people drink it all of the time. It's kind of strange to think that something so common like a refreshment could result in cancer.